Tuesday 18 February 2014

What's in this box then?

After an interminable three hour meeting at work, I was really looking forward to this when I got home last night.


So what's in it then?  Well, it's my huge, extravagant and completely unnecessary Christmas splurge gift to myself; a big pile of Deadzone goodness.



Ok, justification time.  We can use the scenery for at least two games other than Deadzone itself.  I've only heard good things about the gameplay; plus it plays on a two foot square area, meeting the whole "game in a box thing" I've got going on at the moment.  Lastly, I wanted to drop some cash on myself, rather than solicitor bills and property management companies.  Job done.

By my count, that's 51 figures (with two still to come) added to the lead pile, twenty two sprues of scenery, plenty resin and plastic tokens and a whole new game to explore. Everything I'll every need to pick up... well, until the next wave of releases in March!


I read the core rules this morning and everything looks pretty straightforward to far. Deadzone ticks most of the boxes I look for; simple enough core rules, plenty of options and special rules, a nice dice rolling mechanic and plenty of player options, both in choosing your strike force and on the table.  Consider me happy!

1 comment:

  1. AP State Board Syllabus Class 6 TextBooks PDF – Download Class 6 Andhra Pradesh Board School Books in PDF To kick start the exam preparation, one thing students should have with them is textbook or notes or study materials.AP 9th Class Books Books will help you more at the time of your exam preparation. One AP SCERT Book covers many of the exam resources like the latest AP state syllabus, Andhra Pradesh Board Model Question Papers, exam pattern, exemplar solutions, and review question list.

    ReplyDelete