Saturday 16 February 2013

Rogue Trooper Kickstarter




So the Gates of Antares Kickstarter has been cancelled.  Can't say it's a huge shock, despite a flurry of publicity and updates, they were nowhere near their financial goals.  I found the fundraising process quite interesting and I looked forward to the regular updates to come through.  In particular, drip feeding the miniature designs was intriguing, especially when going back on the images and seeing the final sculpts take shape.



The cancellation was also rather poorly timed, as the D6G put up a rather good episode featuring Rick Priestly.  I'm sure we'll see a revised Kickstarter project soon and I'm sure I'll back it again.

Of course, that frees up some future funds for another project.  Enter Rogue Trooper!



I was a rabid 2000AD collector back in my youth (and still pick up the occasional comic) and RT was always an excellent read.  Mongoose have already done a successful Dredd Kickstarter and seem to know what they are doing with the RT one.  They have a very different model for their project compared to GoA, very low pledge total with a very small product range (two boxes.)  The juice is in their hope of reaching their "stretch goals" meaning they will make a bigger range of models.  Things look very promising so far, the Skorpion tank has already been made available and the funding target has already been met twice over already.

Check out the Kickstarter page and have a read of the draft rules, sounds good.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I loved the comic and the ideas and hardware........North vs South!

    ReplyDelete