Saturday 28 April 2012

Black Crusade - Tome of Fate and Thousand Sons Preview


  
Fantasy Flight Games have put up another preview article for Tome of Fate, the Tzeentch flavoured supplement for Black Crusade.  This preview confirms that you'll be able to play as an "offical" Thousand Sons Sorcerer.  Wooooooh!!!

One of the most common criticisms I hear of Black Crusade, is that you "can't" play as one of the original Traitor Legions, as your character starts off as far too puny for a ten thousand year old veteran.  Now this isn't something I personally have a problem with as I'm very much a do-it-yourself gamer, if there aren't any rules written, I'll write them myself.  However, I'm glad that we're going to get this level of detail for Black Crusade.
   

   
FFG look to have struck a nice balance between making a Thousand Sons different enough from a Sorcerer from the main rulebook, without making them too powerful.  For instance, although you generate a character with more psychic powers and equipment than a normal Sorcerer, you also start with more Corruption.  You also start with a normal number of wounds and toughness rating, making you just as squishy as any other character.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what else Tome of Fate has to offer, FFG have mentioned Daemon Engines and new psychic powers, but hopefully we'll get some new minions and adversaries too.
   

    
I have meant to put up more Black Crusade content on the blog (those I have posted are among the most popular posts,) but for a few different reasons, I haven't.  I'm going to make an effort to change that in the next few weeks.  In the meantime, you can find both previews for Tome of Fate here and here.  If you're interested in Black Crusade or the 40K universe in general, you can download an entire adventure, complete with characters and rules, here.  You can also read a quick summary of our first session here.  I'd heartily recommend you to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment