Thursday 17 March 2011

A quick introduction. . .

Hello everyone, welcome to my new blog.


I thought I'd start up a blog as, well, I've always wanted to!  Hopefully any readers will find these ramblings on my hobby both enjoyable and entertaining.


My main hobby is miniature wargaming - painting, gaming, historical, fantasy, sci-fi, board games the whole lot.  Current favourites are Flames of War and Malifaux.


Here are a couple pics of the last things I've finished painting:





German Heavy Machine Gun Platoon for Flames of War







15mm Ancient Greek archers (I use these for the game Field of Glory)




I'm also a bit of a bookworm - mainly sci-fi, fantasy and history.






The last thing I read was Fire by Kristin Cashore.  It's a charming and highly engaging fantasy story about Fire, a troubled woman with the unique power of being overwhelmingly beautiful.  Cashore writes in a lovely flowing prose and the book is a very relaxing read.


I also spend (a bit too much) time on the Xbox and the computer. 






The current timekiller is Test Drive Unlimited 2 - very enjoyable, but plagued with some horrific server problems rendering some parts of the game inaccessible.


And thats about all there for the first post.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment